Old February 2nd 06, 07:28 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Audi 100 5cyl cold start problem

Caleb,
If you can hear the fuel pump running, and you're having a fuel delivery
problem (manually lifting plate does not provide full flow to injectors), I
would check the following:
- replace the fuel filter
- if fuel delivery is still a problem, there may be problems with the fuel
pump pre-filter (a screen mounted on the intake of the pump - may get
clogged with dirt), or fuel distributor problem.
The Bentley Manual has a diagnostic procedure that you could follow, as well
as Scott Mockry's site at:
http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/troubl...ing/ficis.html
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

oups.com...