Old October 21st 05, 01:10 PM
wws

Default BB 366 - rockers clatter; oil pressure but no oil at rockers

"Let me tell you - it is not rocker noise that we here; it is somewhere
in between rod knock (loud) and rocker noise (soft and clicky). With
the motor running, if I back off the #5 exhaust rocker until the valve
is not being depressed at all, the noise almost completely goes away."

Rod knock starts off "soft and clicky" but it's hard to hear.
When it gets loud there goes the oil pressure/flow.

If the crank is "ok", bearings and a high volume oil pump should work.

wws