Old May 11th 18, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Can I replace my 185 tires with 195?

brittney wrote: "I had to have one bad so I let them replace my 185 with a 195 and I'm back the next day my car pulled
horribly to that side and jumped all over the road so I wouldn't try it unless you know for sure "

Lesson learned: Wider tires are more easily 'yanked' away from
a straight-ahead. I advocate nothing wider than a 65-series
(aspect ratio) tire for most passenger applications. Will track
straighter and return from turns quicker than a 55 or 45-series,
which is mainly for looks.