Old February 6th 05, 04:26 AM
Bob

"TranSurgeon" > wrote in message
news:wwfNd.50961$EG1.30974@attbi_s53...

> "Bob" > wrote in message

>> > The only way I know of monitoring your fuel pressure "while you are
>> > driving around" is to have somebody plugged into your OBDII connector
>> > with a real-time scanner, OR, use a data logger ( e.g. Davis
>> > DriveRight CarChip, or record on a portable PC with a program like
>> > AutoTap ).

>> Nice guess Larry but since his PCM has absolutely no clue what the fuel
>> pressure is, your data logger won't work. It may be able to moniter

> several
>> things but fuel pressure isn't among them.
>> Bob

> not directly, but here's a thought:
>
> I get a LOT of GM trucks with a 'no 4th gear' complaint
>
> if you drive it just right, it WILL go into 4th............but the problem
> is plugged fuel filter, thus more throttle pressure, thus ECM keeps it in
> third
>
> SO:
>
> do what I do to demonstrate to the customer where the problem
> is...............monitor O2 sensors + injector pulse width
>
> if you see O2 going lean and at the same time the IPW is getting longer
> and
> longer, you have a fuel delivery problem.............filter or pump
>
> just a thought

That's true enough Gary, but it still doesn't change the fact that Glickman
is full of ****.... yet again.... The PCM doesn't have a clue what the fuel
pressure is. It may think the engine is lean due to the feedback it gets
from the O2 sensors and increase the fuel trim to compensate. But it still
doesn't know if the problem is fuel pressure, a bad sensor, or something
else. It just knows it is having to add fuel to get an O2 response and will
set a code if it reaches a certain limit.
Bob