Old May 28th 10, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

Default What is the record for an engine pull?

On Thu, 27 May 2010 06:47:15 +0200, VFW > wrote:

> I've never seen one , but I've heard they do two person , pull and
> replace engine challenges. I believe they did it in something like 3
> minutes. anyone?

They are all bogus.
The car has been pre. prepped as in wires, cables etc. not needed being
disconnected. Bolts loosened, tinware loosened etc. you get the drift.
I would like to see a real engine pull on a 20 year old car being in
service the whole time, I guarantee you the engine would not be in and out
in less than three minutes.. Simply not doable even with two guys and
dedicated tools.

J.
(I am a fairly good mechanic myself if I may say so having worked on Go
Karts, mopeds, scooters, motorcycles, cars and racing cars(add a tad of
bicycles in there as well( even a few boats)).