Old September 22nd 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_2_]

Default No power, rough idle

In article >, crawroy @
nbnet.nb.ca says...
> of cleaning the PCV vavle but the Haynes manual I have only
> says what it does, no mention of cleaning.
> My question is, what should I clean it with? compressed air, gasoline,
> methyl hydrate...? Or should I just get a new one?

Brake clean. Only replace it with the OEM if you do.

> I really hope it isn't the cat, it was replaced 3 years ago and I really
> don't want to buy a new one yet.

The cat failure is a symptom of a greater problem. Was the problem ever
corrected? Failure to keep the car tuned up is one way of taking out a
cat. It could of also been an "Upsale".