Old September 21st 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Roy[_1_]

Default No power, rough idle

$70 was the dealer price. I got a set today at Canadian Tire for $30+tax.
About the same as you paid for your 8 wires. They didn't help any so I guess
I'm either getting a new distributor or going to get the codes read,
whichever is cheaper.
One of the terminals on the dist was white with corrosion and the last one
had a big pile of rust setting on it when I took the wire off. Been a log
time since I've dealt with an ignition system but I've never seen rust on a
distributor before. The terminal wasn't rusted, it just wiped off so the
rust must have come from inside the wire end.
m...