Old September 21st 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

Default No power, rough idle

In article >, "Roy" <crawroy @
nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

>I replaced the PCV valve and hose. I put in new spark plugs (figured they
>were due anyway and inexpensive). The plugs helped a little by getting rid
>of the rough idle but it still has the miss and a little hesitation when I
>give it some gas. I guess next is plug wires ($70, I priced them while I was
>at the dealer).

Seventy dollars??? Damn. I realize that's Canadian dollars, not US, but your
dollar is a lot stronger against ours now than it was just a few years ago.
Right now, CDN$70 is about US$62 -- and that's a *hell* of a high price for
spark plug wires. Especially for a 4-cylinder engine.

For comparison, I just bought a set for my Suburban at a local auto parts
store last weekend -- and that's a V-8 engine, twice as many wires -- for
US$25 (= CDN$28 and change).

--
Regards,