Old September 19th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Roy[_1_]

Default No power, rough idle

98 SL1, 165,000km
I have rough idle down around 500-750RPM (it usually idles just over
1000RPM). Very little power. When I floor it in neutral the RPM gauge goes
to 4200 and pulses.
Looking under the hood at lunch time and the PCV hose was cracked/split and
flattened. I replaced the hose but that seemed to make it worse. I remember
talk on here of cleaning the PCV vavle but the Haynes manual I have only
says what it does, no mention of cleaning.
My question is, what should I clean it with? compressed air, gasoline,
methyl hydrate...? Or should I just get a new one?
Does this sound like a dirty or defective PCV valve or should I continue to
look for other causes?
Any advice or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Roy