Old May 25th 05, 11:08 PM

Last night I pulled the air cleaner & intake off the throttle body
(TB). I wedged the throttle open so I could see beyond the throttle
plate. Using a spring loaded inspection mirror, I was able to see down
the throat and inspect the egr ports on the inside front wall of the
TB.

Guess what I saw? Well, if you've ever seen those "black snake" pellets
you can light and they grow into snakes.. thats exactly what the EGR
ports looked like. Both of them had black carbonized muck protruding
about a 1/4 of an inch. I decided to remove the TB. =)

Sure enough, the ports are plugged and plugged horribly. Once I figure
out what the ideal brushes/etc I can use along with TB cleaner, I
should have this thing back in working order.

The entire removal process for the TB was about an hour.