Old June 16th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default spark plug socket wrench won't hold plug enough to remove

"Don Stauffer in Minnesota" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Jun 15, 2:40 pm, Joe > wrote:
> > It keeps falling out. I don't have a long enough needle nose pliers to
> > get it out is there another handy household contraption I can use to
> > get deep in the hole to grab the plug and remove it or do I need to
> > hit the hardware store?

> Buy yourself a plug socket that has a rubber insert to hold the end of
> the plug. These are made specifically as "spark plug" sockets. Not
> just any deep socket of the right size is a spark plug socket.

I have had several with rubber inserts over the years, and they are an
improvement
over a "socket that fits". With time, the inserts have degraded on some of
mine,
or have hardened, or loosened and fallen out.

The best I ever had was a magnetic one, but I dont know where you have to go
buy one now.