Old July 6th 12, 01:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

Default Curiouser and curiouser

Both. With some crimped ones I used phosphoric acid as a flux and it
soldered beautifully with solder flowing into crimped area. On another
joint there was a male/female "bullet" connector. I removed this and just
soldered the wires together plus some heatshrink over joint.
If you can get straight phosphoric acid now it makes s superb soldering
flux. I,ve soldered straight dirty steel wires together as if it was new
copper. Just make sure its washed off later.I use it to make my own rust
remover. About a 3 part water,1 part acid.