Old January 8th 09, 11:50 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.makers.saturn
Mike Hunter[_2_]

Default Some states want to punish fuel-efficient car drivers!

Lets see if I understand this. I live in Oregon and I have two vehicles,
one weighs 2,000 LB, the other weighs 3,000 LB. one gets 20 MPG, and the
other gets 35 MPG, doing 60 MPH on the interstate. I pay MORE in gas taxes
for the one than the other, per 100 miles driven, right?

The one that gets 35 MPG has only two seats, the other seats seven. I
have a wife and four children, all of us can NOT travel in the one that gets
20 MPG. If I must take us all, 100 miles away, to my in-laws house. I
need to make five trips in both directions with one, at total of ten trips
and only one each way with the other, for a total of two.

Now my question is, which situation would cause the most damage when I'm on
that trip and should I sell the one that weighs 2,000 LB and gets 20 MPG to
pay the per mile tax and keep the other because I have a wife on four
children or should just keep the one that weighs 2,000 LB and gets 20 MPG
and just leave my wife and kids, as well as Oregon?

. ..