Old August 9th 04, 02:19 PM
Bob G.

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 15:00:47 -0700, Tom Crabtree >
wrote:

>Sorry Dave.
>A sin is a sin is a sin.
>If you have enough money to put 40 coats of lacquer on flawless glass
>work, gosh knows how many thousands of dollars worth of chrome plating
>and corinthian leather interior, there's no excuse.
>If you want a new Corvette, go buy one. Don't pervert a classic.

I can not agree with you on preserving a car just because it is an
older Corvette.... I personally would love to have a C1 sitting on
a modern frame with modern brakes and suspension with a Modern
powerful fuel efficient engine under the hood ...best of both worlds..
Great L:looks with all the advantages of a new car...without the
depreciation factor ...

My opinion of "most" survivor Corvettes is about the same...
Just do not see how I could keep one in that condition..
I understand the need for them BUT NOT IN MY GARAGE...

Bob Griffiths
68 SS 396 Chevelle (far from stock)
64 & 72 Corvette Convertibles
76 79 & 95 Corvette Coupes..