Old November 1st 18, 11:20 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith

Default Self driving cars and moral decisions-who will live, who will die?

On Thu, 01 Nov 2018 01:24:24 -0400, nospam > wrote:

>In article >, Roger Blake
> wrote:
>

>> Once again, a judgement call. For the many thousands of dollars I've
>> saved I am quite comfortable indeed.

>that's nice.
>
>> > as opposed to many thousands of dollars on repairs for the older
>> > vehicle.

>> Hasn't happened. I have spent very little on repairs.

>consider yourself incredibly lucky.

Nah, it's not luck. It's selecting a car with good reliability and fixing what goes bad.
I've had only 3 personal cars in the past 30 years. Doubt I've spent $3k on repairs.
Done by myself or a mechanic. Purchased all 3 used for $18k total.
It's how I retired early.