Old December 28th 10, 09:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David G Fisher's Scrotum

Default Anyone got any thoughts on PS3/GT5?

Just got GT5. I got a PS3 years ago for the Blu-ray and to add internet over
wifi to my TV rather than for games. In fact GT5 is only the second game
I've bought for the PS3.

It's a massive game experience that, unfortunately, seems to use it's
massiveness to hide that fact that the physics are weak, the sound is awful,
the controller setup up woeful and damage model almost nonexistent.

Ok, I, I've only tried the MX5 at Laguna and compared it directly with the
same on iRacing, an experience that has lest me wanting mote from GT5.
Hopefully GT5 will be more satisfying with the better cars - the MX5 doesn't
even have a cockpit view!

Verdict: Fantastic arcade experience, but a weak simulation.