Old December 16th 10, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
pjgtech[_2_]

Default Anyone got any thoughts on PS3/GT5?

On 05/12/2010 08:25, Andrew MacPherson wrote:
> (petergagg) wrote:

> Thanks for your thoughts Peter, and nice to see you still lurking. I thought you'd
> given the PC side of things up completely. :-)

Yep, still lurking, and still dabble with PC racing (mainly GTR2 and
v.occasionaly I fire up GPL, godfather of all modern sims) 8-)

I do tend to use the PS3 more than the PC for gaming now tho, COD Modern
Warfare 2 and Black Ops are strangely addictive....as well as GT5....

> I nearly cracked yesterday and hit the buy button on a very good Amazon deal where
> you get a 320Gb version for the price of a 120 when buying the GT5 bundle. But if I
> do crack the next thing to get cracked will be the PS3 controller. I don't think
> I'll ever want to use it for anything other than resale value. :-)

I bought the "slim" PS3 last Xmas (250Gb model) and its a good buy IMHO.
Great gaming, and good as a media server. If you have neither a PS3 or
an Xbox 360, I'd go for the PS3 simply cos it has the built in BluRay
player and there is no extra cost for on-line playing (unlike the Xbox)
and accessories tend to be a abit cheaper (eg: Move v Kinect)

8-)

Peter G (PJGTECH)