Old July 16th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Gallons! How to tell the fuel computer to use proper UK Gallon

On Jul 16, 1:55 am, who > wrote:

> "Not small" Canada changed from miles to KM in 1981.
> Perhaps theUKis waiting the change to KM for when they start driving
> on the right side. <

The changeover was September 1977. In Ontario it was September 6,
1977 as you can see he http://www.thekingshighway.ca/faq.htm.
There's also a sign on westbound Highway 3 in Fort Erie that
advertises the metric changeover date.

My 1978 car was the first model year with km/h speedometer.

> > Interestingly, the use of litres per 100 km is not used here. Occasionally
> > one hears of miles per litre (now that IS mixed) but I think that (or km/l)
> > makes more practical sense than the very common l/100 km.

> L/100 KM is the standard, although I feel KM/L would make more sense.

Shrug. I can deal with either MPG or L/100km. MPG is more confusing
because in North America you never know if it's an Imperial or US
gallon under discussion.