Old July 16th 07, 06:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

Default Gallons! How to tell the fuel computer to use proper UK Gallon

In article >,
"Dori A Schmetterling" > wrote:

> Changing distances to km could be hugely expensive as all the road signs
> would have to be changed. The Irish did it, but it's a much smaller country
> with, I think, proportionally less traffic than the UK. Needless to say,
> for quite a while signs in miles and km were up at the same time.

"Not small" Canada changed from miles to KM in 1981.
Perhaps the UK is waiting the change to KM for when they start driving
on the right side. <

> Interestingly, the use of litres per 100 km is not used here. Occasionally
> one hears of miles per litre (now that IS mixed) but I think that (or km/l)
> makes more practical sense than the very common l/100 km.

L/100 KM is the standard, although I feel KM/L would make more sense.