Old January 11th 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default 96 M Edition Alarm

I also have a '96M and had exactly the same problem - replaced the
battery after winter & fried the remote/alarm. Even the Mazda rep I
spoke with said the security system is quite fragile (electrically).
I had the dealership replace the system (~$250) but they were close to
useless setting the sensitivity of the impact monitor or even just
connecting the sensors properly. My impression is that the '96
security system was just a badly engineered thing. If you really want
to keep the remote/security I would recommend a 3rd party system.
Just my 2c.
Pete

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:56:41 -0500, Keith Monteith