Old January 14th 13, 03:08 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_2_]

Default C7 Vette

"uncle_vito" > wrote in message
> Yawn. Another carrot to get the muppets' money. Thought it would look
> more like a midyear stingray. Camaro rear end sucks. Quarterpanel
> windows do not quite make it like those do in the Astin Martin. Pinched
> rear window. Not quite the same as a split window.
>
> http://corvetteactioncenter.com/gall...ngray/cat/6199
>
> Of course the technical info, of which I am most interested, is buried in
> there somewhere. I am excited that Chevy finally got to direct injection
> and variable valve timing. Gotta still find the displacement, HP, and
> torque specs and price, absent requisit dealer gouging of the loyal Chevy
> muppets.

The information you think you are looking for has been out for over a month.
The new engine has had pictures and spec on the site you show those ugly
picture on. For what it's worth the fuel pump is internal to the engine,
driven as part of the cam. It develops about 1,200 PSI for the direct
injection. An old engine designation was revived and it's called the LT1.
Will get less of a miss as it eats Jap cars but it will fart when it devours
a Mustang. Most likely will vomit when it see you in your shorts walking
your Pekinese.

As a side note GM has had VVT for some time like the 3.6 LV7 DOHC V6 with
variable valve timing in 2004, producing 255 hp (190 kW) and 252 lb·ft (342
N·m) of torque. I stuck all the technical stuff in there so you won't have
to strain yourself looking it up. As for the Corvette needing it, why, it
will eat most everything on the road without it and cheaper while doing so.