Old June 27th 10, 09:45 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage[_3_]

Default Happy 100th Birthday Alfa Romeo

"SteveH" > wrote in message
.. .
> Dave Savage > wrote:
>
>> Going off topic : why blame Capello - he's clever enough to have just got
>> himself a shiny new contract. It's the players who are rubbish. With the
>> wages they're on , I'd expect them to walk on water never mind win the
>> world
>> cup. I reckon most Southern League teams could beat England.
>>
>> Dave S...... :>)) (because I'm Italo / Scottish)

> Hmmm.
>
> These are players who have been superstars, on the whole, in the
> domestic league - and many of whom have proven their worth in the
> Champions League - if they play badly for England, there is only one
> variable in there. The manager.
>
> SteveH

You're missing my point : " These are players who have been superstars,
on the whole, in the domestic league " : what does this tell us about the
domestic league (whatever that is) ?? It tells us that it's rubbish,
inhabited by a bunch of over-paid prima donna's. A lot of people seem to
forget that it is the players, not the manager, who run up and down a field
for 90 minutes, kicking a round object to and fro.

Bottom line : we'll take English football seriously next time they win the
world cup.

Dave S....