Old June 27th 10, 06:12 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Default Happy 100th Birthday Alfa Romeo

Dave Savage > wrote:

> Going off topic : why blame Capello - he's clever enough to have just got
> himself a shiny new contract. It's the players who are rubbish. With the
> wages they're on , I'd expect them to walk on water never mind win the world
> cup. I reckon most Southern League teams could beat England.
>
> Dave S...... :>)) (because I'm Italo / Scottish)

Hmmm.

Well, he took some of the wrong players, played players out of position,
played players who were obviously not fit due to injuries sustained
during the season and chose a captain who has only played one captain's
game in his entire career - and is still living off the back of it.

So many ifs and buts - most of which come back to the manager, his team
selection, his formations and his tactics.

These are players who have been superstars, on the whole, in the
domestic league - and many of whom have proven their worth in the
Champions League - if they play badly for England, there is only one
variable in there. The manager.

Roy Hodgson has a proven record of motivating average players to achieve
way above what's expected of them - and he's stalled over signing for
Liverpool - so I say give him a chance - I've had enough of the big name
foreigners now.
--
SteveH