Old November 24th 15, 05:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Alan Bowler

Default Problem with door lock in my 2004 Honda Accord (tumblers?)

On 2015-11-23 3:23 PM, Earl Grey wrote:
> I'm curious, what exactly is an electrical lock?

A lock that controls an electric circuit.

> Graphite not wise? It's been the standard lock lubricant
> since the Lincoln administration

Yes graphite will do a very good job of lubricating the
mechanical part of the lock. Problems may occur if there
an open airway between the mechanical part of the lock
and the electric contacts in the rest of the lock.
The graphite might pass through and short the contacts.