Old March 11th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave Garrett

Default European diesel engines in North American CR-Vs

In article >,
says...

> In the past few months, I've seen a Nissan Skyline, a Nismo GTi-R and a
> Toyota Prado. Plus this itty-bitty little "truck" (can't remember the
> brand) which consisted of a tiny van's cab and the tiddliest pickup bed
> you've ever seen. All were RHD, and all were seen on the move with valid
> Ontario license plates.
>
> The Skyline really had me wondering why it was never sold here new; it's a
> good-looking car with a cool name.

Indeed. There are (or were) a couple of outfits in the US that used to
import, federalize, and sell Skylines. The new "Skyline", aka the GT-R,
will be the first one that Nissan has sold in North America itself. It
goes on sale this summer.

http://www.nissanusa.com/gt-r/

Nice car, but I think I liked the look of the earlier-generation
Skylines better.

Dave