Old December 4th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.toyota
Vic Smith

Default Best no BS motor oil/filter comparison?

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 21:55:07 GMT, "E. Meyer" >
wrote:

>> As far as I know driver's ed is still a HS graduation requirement in
>> Illinois.

>When did they start doing that? It certainly was not a graduation
>requirement in Illinois when I went to high school there. It was offered in
>most schools, but only as an extra cost after school activity.

Don't know when they started.
I recall they were permitted at 15 - at school - got initial
instruction at school, and had to spend some hours driving with a
licensed driver - it was sometimes me, sometimes my wife - then
did the test at school when they were 16.
They just picked up the license at the DMV.
DMV randomly tests some dates - my son caught that so was tested
twice.
They didn't even offer it when I was in school.
My last two graduated in 2002 and 2003.
It was required. Just like the Constitution test.

--Vic