Old July 9th 07, 02:24 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Sarah Czepiel

Default will this fit in the back of a C6??

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 11:04:02 -0400, "Dad" > wrote:

:>By the way, that much weight back there is noticeable and even packing
:>the rest of the heavier stuff up front you could still feel the affect
:>at speed.

How much weight are you talking about Dad? We had two dogs
[ combined weight 80 lbs ] two parachute bags weighing easily 50 lbs
apiece, a hunting rifle in soft case @ 8 lbs, and a military ammo can
weighing approx. 30 lbs.. Add an extra pair of sneakers tucked
into the left rear cubby, assorted bags of loose stuff for the dogs
[ leashes, water bowl for the trip ] gifts for the family etc, and a
17" laptop in a carry bag behind the passenger seat, and that puts us
at close to 268 additional lbs. I gotta tell ya Dad, if you're
talking about those kinds of added weight then our experience is the
complete opposite of what you've felt. We went hammer and tongs for
8 hours averaging 75mph and had no noticeable feeling at speed due to
the extra weight. What we did feel were the crappy road conditions on
the interstates in New Jersey and parts of New York. Tsk, tsk NJ
and NY...all those tolls and you can't fix your interstate highways ?