Old July 9th 07, 12:19 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Default will this fit in the back of a C6??

Dad wrote:

> "Bob I" > wrote in message
>> They seem to claim the C6 'vert still manages 2 bags with the power
>> top here.
>> http://robkechev.com/Corvette.aspx
>>

> As long as that second set of clubs, in a bag, are not longer than 43
> inches they will fit, a woman's driver is 44/44.5. The fairway woods
> wood make it but some time they have to tee up. I really can't comment
> on the convertible though as I've never had a C6 that wasn't a coupe, 2
> sets were not an issue in a C5 though. There is no problem traveling in
> the C6 with a 53" double rifle case but even that has to be on edge to
> carry another 50" case with the smaller rifles. As for the golf bags you
> will be restricted to a 11" diameter for the one over 43". By the way,
> that much weight back there is noticeable and even packing the rest of
> the heavier stuff up front you could still feel the affect at speed. Of
> course that shouldn't bother anyone as they troddle off to the local
> golf course for a day of shooting birdies.

I haven't tried the golf bags in our '03 'vert, but there is really a
lot of room back there. We typically pack enough for a 2 week vacation
back there and try to run with the top down unless it rains or the
temperature gets unbearable! I see the C6 lost a bit of space in the
tail though.