Old July 30th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
JH

Default 78 VW Rabbit Diesel TIming Belt/Injector Timing Question

I installed a head gasket with four notches just like the original.
The car smokes quite a bit when I step on it, but there is no power. I
am confident the cam, crankshaft and injector pump are lined up...so it
must be the injector pump needing some fine tuning. Can I do it
myself, or do I need a Bosch certified tech? Anyone know how much I
should expect to pay to have the injector timing dialed in?

Also, It does not seem to make a difference in performance whether the
choke is in or out.

Thank you!

Jeff