Old July 30th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
none2u

Default 78 VW Rabbit Diesel TIming Belt/Injector Timing Question

I assume you used the correct thickness head gasket. And the head was
rebuilt correctly. The gasket thickness is identified by the number of
notches in it. But I suspect you have to time the pump As you think too.
With the gauge and adapter that goes in the center of the pump between the
fuel lines. I think this will fix it. Does your car smoke black when
stepping on it . and how many miles /km are on it. By the way good job. It
runs. The timing isn't that far off.
ps.com...