Old October 23rd 04, 04:53 PM
BANDIT2941

> You don't have any proof of this. Your idea of clean oil is oil
>that gets dirty withing a few hundred miles of driving.

I EXPERIENCED it. I HAVE PROOF. I KNOW that it burned the same amount, qt/250
mi, on brand new oil! It doesn't matter how new the oil is if your oil control
rings are stuck!!! Think about it!!

>experienced clean oil, at least not for a relevant amount of time.
>Motor oil in a Saturn turns black within only the first 500-1k miles
>after an oil change. Plus you have lots of engine deposits that don't
>come out with a simple flush or oil change. The only way you will
>notice a difference in oil consumption is if you either don't drive it
>or install a filter that takes care of the majority of particles that
>affect the engine. These particles will also cause the most wear
>since they get inbetween moving parts. When oil is dirty, piston
>rings expand, valve seals lose their seal.

Obviously you don't know what you're talking about since you quote "piston
rings expand" when oil gets dirty.

> Imagine someone is driving 70 MPH on the freeway. For the Saturn,
>this is equivalent to about 2800 rpm. It will take you
>3000miles/(70mph) = 42.8 hours to get 3k miles. This means that the
>number of revolutions that your engine completes in 3k miles is
>(2800rpm) * (60min/hour) * (42.8 hours) = 7.19 million revolutions.
>This is assuming that the car travels at a constant speed w/o
>hills/accelerating.

And your point is?

> Even after 10k
>miles without oil changes I have not found the slightest oil burning.
>It also doesn't give the bad oil smell on hard acceleration and during
>bumper-to-bumper traffic when the engine is very hot.

Yeah, and neither does mine. You still haven't proven that it stops oil
burning. Why? Because it doesn't.