Old August 20th 10, 08:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

Default (UK. )Waiting delivery of new MX-5 Tech Sports (10 days I hope),Tyres??

On 8/20/2010 2:21 PM, Tim M. wrote:
> On Aug 20, 3:30 am, > wrote:
>
>> An NA or NB Miata gets a bit
>> light on the steering at or above 120 without full ground effect skirts.

> I was not aware that the Miata was capable of speeds above 120mph. I
> actually have always thought that they top out just below 110mph or
> so. Have I been wrong all these years? (Not that I am interested in
> checking it out in my '97 M-edition; I save the triple-digit speeds
> for my Ducati on the racetrack.)

I'm pretty sure that even the NA was good for at least 120mph or close to
it. I never had mine above about 100 indicated and it felt fine. The
USA-spec NC is rev-limited to 220k (137mph) and it feels as if it will do
it too.