Old February 2nd 08, 01:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

Default OT - So Michael...

"Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
> dwight wrote:
>
>> The past seven years has left me utterly disgusted. The next time some
>> smarmy Republican calls democrats "tax and spend liberals", I may have to
>> exercise my 2nd amendment rights and buy a damn gun.

> What is your assessment of the Reid and Pelosi show in Congress the pst
> two years?

Interesting. That might be the only real answer to the whole problem:

Elect a president, and give him a Congress that can't really DO anything.

The Republicans have proven that they can match earmark for earmark with the
Democrats and can outspend anybody that ever was. So long as they tuck them
into bills that the president is willing to sign, it's all good.

But for anything important, anything that addresses the foundation of the
country, there seems to be no hope of action without a clear majority on
either side.

Interesting that you call it the Reid and Pelosi show, as if the Republicans
in Congress are not playing the game, too. What are they - innocent
bystanders?

The Republican Congress raped the treasury. But now, with a Democratic
majority, they want to complain about earmarks and pork-barrel spending,
without ever conceding that fully half of the earmarks (if not more) were
put in by Republicans.

Hypocrisy and deception. Yeah, THAT's what I want from my representatives.

dwight