Old June 30th 05, 06:37 AM
Bort

----- original message below -------

>Ok, so after a week of research, $500, and some serious >migranes, I have
>found the 'almost definitive' answer on getting fogs into the >V6.
>

>The parts needed are the Ford OEM grille, fog switch, and fog >lights from
>the GT, and the wiring harness being hawked all over ebay (DONT >buy the
>grille kit theyre selling).
>

>To make the grille fit in the V6, clip the bottom clips on the >GT grille off
>with some tin snips. The rest of the clips fit, so just clip >the grille in.
>Use some self-tapping screws to secure the bottom, or some C >clips if you
>can find them.
>

>The wiring harness hooks up pretty easy, just follow the >instructions.
>Instead of wiring the switch the way they want you to, install >the OEM
>switch (it just pops in basically), and wire it in by pulling >off the
>plastic clips off the harness and the switch. Use some >heatshrink and a
>saudering iron to hook up the two wires to the prongs in the >switch. It
>doesnt matter which wire goes where.
>

>Pretty simple, takes about an hour, and oh yeah, no need to >drill your
>grille!
>

>IF anyone needs more help and/or pics, let me know. Just >thought Id share.

Weird, google groups wouldn't let me just reply to that, i had to copy
and paste.

Anyway, I would really like to do this, and the dealer has said they
could do it.

Is it worth it just to do it myself, or should i just have the dealer
do it?

I don't want to break anything and i know hardly anything about cars.

Has anyone else done this, or has anyone paid a dealer to do it? Any
help is appreciated, thanks.