Old May 3rd 05, 08:21 PM
GEB

"Kruse" wrote in message:

> I'm going to take a wild, wild, guess as to what he owns. (Only because
> I used to own one)
> Is it the (drum roll please)...... 170 or 200 six cyl? They seemed to
> burn intake valves.

Did you miss the part about the noise coming from the passenger side
lifters? More than likely it's a 289, maybe a 260.

His problem could be multiple things. First thing I'd check is that the
distributor was installed correctly, and that the timing is set properly. If
that was ok, next thing I would check would be to insure the rocker arm
studs are not pulling out. Then re-adjust the valves with the motor warm.
Only other thing that could be causing this, is possibly the timing chain
sprockets weren't properly aligned when installed.

--
Gary

Drag Racers live by the code set down years ago:
"If some is good, more is better, and too much is just right".