Old September 13th 07, 05:21 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Joseph Greco

Default BMW Air mass meter (AKA: air flow meter or MAF) issues and cheapalternatives

Try soaking the MAF in an alcohol solution. I experienced the same, and
put the MAF in a Rubbing Alcohol solution for 30 minutes. ($1.99 for a
liter bottle) and all was better... This was over a year ago.

I experienced very erratic RPM aswell. The engine took a very, long time
to come down in RPM.

--
Joseph - Join the Auto Repair Wiki
http://www.FixExpert.com