Old December 6th 04, 12:22 PM
RWM

it's one of the chronic problems with the 3.3L V6. The tensioner fails,
in my case on a '98 Grand Caravan the bracket bent out of alignment at
37,000 miles, causing belt slippage, glazing, squealing and a ratcheting
sound at start-up. Can eventually throw the belt. There is a
replacement tensioner that fixes the mounting/alignment issue. Sad
commentary on "Chrysler engineering".