Old March 24th 11, 11:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ian Riches

Default 15 years later..

In article >,
says...

(Ian Riches) wrote:

> > Nor does Dirt, but somehow playing that with the
> > keyboard doesn't bother me.....

> Keyboard? KEYBOARD!?

Have you ever played Dirt? Let's just say that's it's not on-topic for
R.A.*S*.

> Look, I know we're short of people posting here, but... you're banned, ok? Out,
> right now! ;-)

Typing out 100 lines of "I must always use a wheel, even when Andrew is
not looking" right now.

Am I allowed back?

> Actually you're reminding me of many happy hours spent on Crammond's Revs back when
> wheels had yet to be invented by computer cave men. And any modern game designed
> with a console controller in mind must be ok with a keyboard. It's a case of mind
> over matter I suppose. Sims are mainly in the head anyway.

Absolutely. And some of those old ones just worked in a way that the
flashy-graphics modern day stuff doesn't always recapture. I played
Revs on my mate's BBC, and Crammond's F1GP was one of the first games I
got on my PC 16MHz 386SX PC. Happy days..

Anyone remember that great flight sim Tornado? ;-)

> PS I just remembered none of us can ban you anyway. I think we have to have written
> permission from ymenard.

Hmm. Guess I'm OK for now then. He seems to be MIA since around 2004,
if my Google-fu is up to par today.

Ian

--
Ian Riches