Old February 4th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel

Default Volkswagen PCV(?) valve question

I'm currently still working on the girlie's Corrado G60... reason for
current thrash is a bad noise from some belt driven accessory, combined
with copious amounts of oil throughout the intake piping, supercharger,
intercooler, etc.

I have removed a big square breather looking thing from the valve cover.
It for all the world looks like some kind of PCV valve assembly but it
is perfectly hollow inside, and is essentially a big hollow passage. I
am thinking that this can't possibly be correct, because then when the
return line to the SC intake is pressurized (as can happen at closed
throttle/high RPM) the crankcase would then be pressurized. Am I right?
I'm guessing I need to buy a new one but would like confirmation
before I do so.

Bentley manual, online searches show nothing... "a certain program"
shows this part as a "pressure regulating valve" and this one certainly
does not regulate pressure, so I'm thinking that a previous owner gutted
it for unknown reasons, and also for unknown reasons no mechanic has
caught the error?

thanks,

nate

--