Old December 22nd 05, 02:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers

Default Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays???

>> Even today many Christians are
>>****ed that the birth of Christ is associated with a pagan holiday at all.

> Which day would they suggest as an alternative?
> Are they so insecure in their beliefs that they really have to worry about
> things like that?
> --
> Tim C.

That's not the way they see it. The Christians who do not celebrate
Christmas do so as they believe the birth of Christ should not be associated
with a pagan holiday. So they choose not to observe "Christmas" in any
form. It's kind of like a boycott of the pagan holiday, because that pagan
holiday includes a celebration of the birth of the Christ child. There is
no day suggested as an alternative, as those Christians feel that the birth
of Christ does not need to be necessarily celebrated. (especially as part
of a pagan holiday!!!)

But if you were a Christian who felt very strongly that the birth of Christ
should be solemnly and religiously CELEBRATED, and should have it's own
legal holiday date specifically assigned for that celebration . . .

And assuming you had to pick an appropriate day to celebrate the birth of
Christ, that day would be . . . EASTER!!!

Yes, I said Easter. Biblically, that is a lot more accurate of a timeframe
for the possible birthday of the Christ child than "The 5th and 20th Day of
December". Bible scholars know that the Christ child was born in the year 4
BC, sometime after March 12th but before April 4th. In the year 2005 of the
current calendar system, Easter fell roughly in the middle of that time
period of (March 13th to April 3rd) Before you ask how it is possible
that Christ was born in the year 4 "Before Christ", you need to understand
that the current calendar was created long after Christ was said to have
been born, and the person who created the calendar took a WILD GUESS as to
when the Christ child was born. (he was only off by a few years) -Dave