Old January 9th 14, 03:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default Dodge Stratus Instrument Cluster Question

On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 07:08:38 -0800 (PST), greybuck >
wrote:

>I have 2003 Dodge Stratus SE.
>
>The little "squares" that display around the currently selected gear in the instrument cluster, no longer display for "Drive" or "3."
>
>Is it most likely that the LED's are burned out, or can the panel be reset.
>
>If I were to obtain a used cluster from a salvage yard, I wouldn't have to worry about the odometer, since the current mileage is maintained by the BCM.
>
>Am I correct?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kirk M

I could be wrong but I think even if you buy a used cluster you'd have
to take it to a dealer to have it programmed to work with your car. If
all that's wrong is you can't see the D or 3 but the transmission
shifts correctly, why worry about "fixing" it. In the "old days"
there were no pretty lights on the dash telling you what gear you were
in , you just looked at where the selector was in the gate. If your
gate isn't labeled, get a Sharpie and label it.