Old April 4th 05, 01:12 AM
alex martini

Well not that I have any intention of continuing this but one little point;
the ceasefire agreement was with the UN - not the US. The UN did NOT
sanction war, you did. Therefore your war is illegal. What is more, the
ceasfire terms were that Iraq disarmed; at the UN, Iraq said they had
disarmed and the UN weapons inspectors concurred (as opposed to conquered,
which the US did). Therefore the war was illegal; the only people saying
Iraq had WMD was the White House - they even said, in what will go down in
history as the momentous lie since Hitler's pledge in Munich - to have
'evidence' of WMD in Iraq. Iraq was disarmed; there were no WMD. The US
lied. And then invaded, in stark violation of the UN charter and therefore
in breach of international law and, therefore, this war was, is and ever
shall remain Illegal.