Old July 23rd 10, 09:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

Default Miata Poll - What would you do if your Miata were gone today?

On 7/23/2010 3:23 PM, pws wrote:
> If you were to lose your current Miata today, be it totaled, stolen,
> whatever, and received enough money to cover a replacement, all the way
> up to an optioned-out brand-new one, (say $30,000 to be safe), what
> would you do:
>
> buy an older miata and keep the larger money difference?
> get a brand-new new one and keep the smaller money difference?
> get a different vehicle altogether?
> if older, would it be stock or modified? What year?
> do something not on my list?
>
> I am not in this situation, no money anyway. Just curious, and it's even
> on-topic! :-)
>
> For those with multiple miatas, just pick one to be missing.
>
> Pat

It is difficult to say for certain what I will do in the next minute but,
hypothetically, under the circumstances stated I would probably buy a new
PRHT MX-5 (red...always red!). Certainly not the most practical choice
since I really could use some amount of money too but I've not been without
a Miata since 1991 and I have a general distrust of used cars except in the
most desperate circumstances.

In my situation the most realistic thing to do would be to forget the car,
use the money to finish up the remodeling and landscaping, and drive the
Subie but nobody every accused me of being a realist...