Old February 19th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech

Default Need ways to start a car with a dead battery.- 92 Civic Auto.

"Mike Romain" > wrote

> I have seen a mess of newer ones killed like mentioned....
> Carb engines are different animals.

Years ago, my 260K miles, 1988 Honda Accord fuel injection
battery cable was cut by the fireman who was at the scene of the
accident. The car idled smoothly for maybe 10 minutes until I'd
shut it off. I still drive it today.

I believe there is a button you can push on these alternator to
go full field. Otherwise, they're self regulated. Last I'd checked,
the voltage never exceeded 15V when idling with the battery
cable unplugged.