Old December 29th 05, 02:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Speeding teen kills self and friend - Described as an " incrediblyoutgoing, beautiful person"

far2go4 wrote:

Quote:

> I've posted nothing of the kind. If you have a problem with a specific
>
> post, cite it.
>
> It was pertaining to the 'Another self-proclaimed princess..." Which
> had this not been there, probably myself or Staci's mom would never had
> posted anything. It was that one line that
> motivated a response. Perhaps, you meant no harm.

From my search through both my usenet feed and Google groups, I was not
able to find anyone who made any such remark. In fact, searching for
the word "princess" in rec.autos.driving only returned the post that I'm
responding to.

> I appreciate your input and I apologize for intruding on your USENET
> forums.

Anyone is welcome to post to usenet. It's just that there are
established conventions regarding formatting a given post as well as how
to place followups to a certain post.

For instance, does not work on usenet since it's solely
a text based means of communication. The established convention for
quoting material is to prepend each line with a '>' character as shown
above with the material you previously typed.

As Brent mentioned, each line should have a <CR> at the end of it and
line lengths should be between 72 to 76 characters. Also, when
responding to a post, you should try replying directly to it so that
your post actually comes directly below the post you're responding to
when people see it in a threaded view.

Pretty much all software used to post to usenet does this for you and
even Google groups does a good job with keeping followups in the right
place as well as properly quoting text (as long as you click on the
correct reply button).

Unfortunately, carstalk doesn't allow you to do that. If I were you,
I'd try posting through Google groups. Go to http://groups.google.com
and type rec.autos.driving in the group field. Then you can post if you
have an account.