Old May 28th 05, 07:20 PM
Will Honea

Not being a true believer in the pump-it-til-it-works bleeding scheme,
I used a different method when I changed my (external ) slave a whie
back. First, the replacement did NOT have a hole drilled thru in the
"bleed" port so that way was out. OK, next step. Unhooked the
plactic straps so that the slave plunger would extend, let the slave
hang down and filled the mc. Worked the slave plunger in and out
SLOWLY while the wife watched the mc reservoir - watching for bubbles
and keeping it full. Took about 5-6 full strokes of the slave to get
all the bubbles out. Hooked up the plactic straps and installed it.
No problems. If it bleeds down while just setting, suspect the
master, not the slave.

--
Will Honea