Old September 8th 13, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Accord 91 error codes

Hello all,

The check engine light of my 91 Accord has been coming on intermittently for the past few weeks. Upon jumping the service check connector, I'm receiving the following error codes:

ECU code 17 (vehicle speed sensor)
ECU code 41 (oxygen sensor heater)
S light gives 4 short flashes (I'm assuming this is TCU code 4, and don't what that means)

Can anyone tell me what TCU code 4 means? I replaced the vehicle speed sensor a year ago (with an inexpensive one from eBay), and the TCU unit a few years ago (with a refurbished one). The speedometer and transmission seem to work fine, and the car runs like it used to.

Given the age of the car, would you recommend that I just ignore the check engine light, and keep driving for now?

Thank you,
Fijoy