Old February 7th 05, 11:55 PM
Bubba Kahuna (only 1 'J' in my address)

DinoSheep wrote:

> Hi,
> <<snip>> ... the saleperson
> told me that if I want to install an auto-starter, they would need to
> break my key to get the chip out and installed in the auto-starter. Do
> you think it is a good idea to do it? If the chip is taken out, does
> it mean that the security feature is not there anymore?
>
> Dino

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com

I have one of these and it works great. You'll have to have the optional
security relay they sell (for more $$ of course) that lets you start the
car remotely, as well as buying one of their transponder keys. In any
case, all the Bulldogs (including the older ones) require the key in the
ignition to drive the car anyway. If you touch the brake (required to
shift from park to anything else) the car dies and won't start without
the key. You can't just start the car remotely and drive it under any
circumstances. They also have a 'pitstop' feature that lets you pull the
key from the ignition and leave the car running. Touch the brake before
the key's back in and turned to ON and it'll die. Handy for those quick
in-&-out convienience store holdups without worrying if your car will be
stolen while you're robbing the store ... oops ... did I use my out-loud
voice for that?

Once you get one of these, you won't want another car without one.
They're real easy to get used to.

Cheers,
- Jeff G