Old December 22nd 09, 09:51 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

Default Giulietta - new photos

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 23:20:28 +0000, (SteveH)
wrote:

>Zathras > wrote:
>
>> IMHO, the front is plain ugly and the rear is a little better. Mind
>> you, there is tradition in the design..the previous Giulietta wasn't
>> the greatest looker either.

>I'm undecided, personally.
>
>It's more interesting than the competition, even if it's a long way
>short of the heights hit by the 156 and 147.

Next you'll be saying the current 3 series beemer isn't a bad looker!
Speaking of which, there's a similar silly amount of design in the 3
but you really need to look closely to actually notice it. From any
distance you don't see the detail and the results look bland or ugly
depending on your taste. I find the looks of the 3 seriously tedious
(inside and out) compared to my old Alfa.

Personally, if one were to compare car looks to women and only
consider looks, I'd go for a 'pretty' one rather than an 'interesting'
one every time.. Even as I get much older, scarred cellulite and bug
eyes..er..nah she's yours! ;-)

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)