Old September 8th 05, 01:20 PM
Steve Larson

The rear bumper film also serves to protect the top of the bumper when
lifting items to and from the trunk if you have a low liftover. Ultimately
when you sell the car, you can either leave it on for the buyer or remove it
to expose a brand-new looking paint finish. Either way it's a win-win
product.

"automatic transgression" > wrote in
message ...
> as far as the bumpers are concerned: yes, they will become ratty after
> time. and the protection pieces are much cheaper to remove and replace
> than the cost of repainting a bumper.
>
> i worked at stongard in bellevue, wa (across the lake from seattle...) a
> few years ago for a few years, doing design and installation work. we (now
> they)use the 3m paint protection film. how good it looks on your car is
> entirely dependent upon how the piece is designed, and though i do not
> work there any longer, i am convinced that tim has the best philosophy on
> designing the product.
>
> the product is designed to protect from rock chips, but many people did
> also want bumper protection in the rear. it will do nothing in a
> collision, but yes, you will be protected from small parking bumps.
> Steve Larson wrote:
>> I've had mine for a couple of years and there are no noticeable damage
>> marks. I frequent the local interstates and small rocks and debris are
>> the standard here. It may show tears if another vehicle strikes it, but
>> keeping it waxed and slick will help prevent it from those types of rips.
>>

>> "J. Perry" > wrote in message
>>
>>>"Somebody." > wrote in message
!nnrp1. uunet.ca...

legroups.com...